- Job ID
- US Based Positions
- Employment Status
Reporting to The Finance Manager, the Payroll Coordinator is accountable for the accurate and timely processing of Jhpiego Payroll actions in accordance with established Johns Hopkins University policies and procedures. The incumbent will work closely with the Finance & Accounting Team.
E210 Processing & Monitoring
- Supports E210 timekeeper entries, and work with Payroll Specialist to ensure reflected codes have appropriate payroll action follow up (Supervisor Changes, follow for approvals, leave depart and return dates, etc.)
Record Keeping and Process Improvement
- Maintains electronic files of personnel, and payroll records in Jhpiego system (SAP).
- Uses efficient electronic record keeping systems to track a significantly high volume of payroll transactions ensuring security of information.
- Anticipates potential payroll issues and questions and takes pro-active action to prevent development of problems or resolve problems.
- Works with Payroll Specialist to identify and develop procedures to allow seamless new hire/termination processing, staff/faculty/postdoc/student changes, and on any special projects impacting payroll such as organizational restructure, large scale special hiring projects, etc.
- Supports Jhpiego Effort management (9027 entry and certification) during surge periods.
- Processes Internal Service Requests and Employment Action for Jhpiego, to include hiring, terminations, payroll cost transfers and changes in hours via SAP, affecting full-time and part-time staff, casual and student employees, meeting the JHU HR Payroll Shared Services specified timelines, policies and procedures.
- Processes promotions, transfers, reclassifications, salary increases, bonuses, overtime, and terminations.
- Responds to communications on requests from staff and human resources.
Business Expense Processing
- Works with staff to process over-90-day business expenses through Payroll.
- Assists Finance Manager in training and review of expenses in Concur.
- High School Diploma with 1 year of previous payroll administration experience.
- Strong math and reasoning skills
- Basic benefits and tax application knowlege
- Strategic Thinking and Problem-Solving abilities
- Superior time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Experience in handling confidential and sensitive materials
- Ability to deal with change instigated by both internal and external sources
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Advanced Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced typing and data entry
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Intermediate use of Software, the internet and email
- Basic knowledge of controlling finances
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3 years' payroll administration experience, preferably in support of international development program operations, including 1 year of JHU experience either in JHU HR/PYSS or in a related department
The salary range for this role is expected to be: $40,164 - $53,553.
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University’s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate’s conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.